How to write IGNOU Master in Library Science (MLIP-2) Final Year Project & Synopsis
Master of Library and Information Science is a professional postgraduate degree level course that covers the study of principles and practices of Library Science and Library Administration along with the current technologies applied to these processes. Also termed as MLIS, it mainly includes the study of collection management, information systems and technology, research methods, cataloguing and classification, preservation, reference, statistics, database management, information architecture and knowledge management, etc. Though most of the institutes offer it as a 1-year course but University of Calcutta offers it as 2-year course of study. As far the minimum and maximum time is concerned it may fluctuate from place to place depending on the various institutes, similarly the syllabus may not be all too similar.
Master of Library and Information Science Eligibility:
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing a Master of Library Science degree is having graduation degree in any stream.
- Some of the very reputed colleges and institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks in graduation as qualifying criteria to secure admission.
Objective of IGNOU Master in Library Science (MLIP-2) Final Year Project
In order to fulfill its mission of providing access to quality education to all citizens of this country, the University is mandated to:
- Impart education and learning through different methods fit to the open and distance education mode;
- Provide advanced education to enormous segments of the population, especially to the distraught portions of society;
- Energize, coordinate and help open universities and distance education institutions to raise standards of education in the nation; and
- Promote national integration and strengthen the regular and HR of the nation through the mechanism of education.
Formulation of IGNOU Master in Library Science (MLIP-2) Final Year Project & Synopsis
The accompanying arrangement can be pursued for setting up the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
It is often used to characterize and apprise the subject of interest. It is a subject of determination of a subject using the set criteria of a standard which can assist an organization or any other intervention or initiative to assess the aim of reliable concept or proposal which helps in decision making and achievement.
Fee Structure and Schedule of Payment:
The candidates need to pay the total fee of Rs. 10,800/- at one time during the admission for the complete discipline.
What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU Master in Library Science (MLIP-2) Final Year Project?
The student needs to set up the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Center itself. The Program responsible for the Study Center will inspect the recommendations and offer endorsement to it. Any place modification is required, these will be conveyed on to the student and in like manner, the student will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal ought to be submitted in A4 size paper type in double space alongside a constant letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the Performa for approval (Appendix III). The student is advised to hold a copy with respect to the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers won’t be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.