How to make IGNOU Master in Economics (MECP-001) Final Year Project & Synopsis
This Project Work is of six credits and you are relied upon to go through around 180 hours of absolute work in completing the Project work. We would like to get a typed and bound copy of your Project Report. The length of your Project Report might be between 15000-20000 words (50-60 pages). Remember this while select the Project theme. The thought is that you ought to have the option to state all that you need to state inside these words limit. You are allowed to compose your Project Report in English or in Hindi language
Eligibility for IGNOU Master in Economics (MECP-001) for exam:
To be eligible to appear in the term-end examination in any course, you are required to fulfill the following four conditions:
- You should have paid the Course fee;
- You should have opted and pursued the prescribed Course;
- You should have submitted the assignments for the respective Course; and
- You should submit the examination form in time.
Objective of IGNOU Master in Economics (MECP-001) Final Year Project
In order to fulfill its mission of providing access to quality education to all citizens of this country, the University is mandated to:
- Impart education and learning through different methods fit to the open and distance education mode;
- Provide advanced education to enormous segments of the population, especially to the distraught portions of society;
- Energize, coordinate and help open universities and distance education institutions to raise standards of education in the nation; and
- Promote national integration and strengthen the regular and HR of the nation through the mechanism of education.
Formulation of IGNOU Master in Economics (MECP-001) Final Year Project & Synopsis
After effective completion of the different mandatory courses of MA Economics Programme, a question may emerge in your mind whether the utility of different courses sought after so far is bound to acquire MA degree or are they significant, all things considered, circumstance to comprehend and analyze the functioning of economy and conduct of different financial agents like consumer, firm, business person, worker and so on. Project work gives you a chance to comprehend and apply your theoretical knowledge and quantitative abilities to analyze a monetary event or marvel observed in your everyday life.
The accompanying arrangement can be pursued for setting up the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
Upon its submission, your Project Report will be sent to an examiner. You must secure a minimum of 40% marks in your Project Work in order to successfully complete your course. Please note that the evaluation of your project will take a minimum of two months from the date of submission.
Fee Structure and Schedule of Payment:
The programme fee is 7200 for the 1st year. The fee should be paid in lump sum along with the filled in application form. In the 2nd year also the fee of 7200 is to be paid as per schedule without waiting for any communication from the University The University can revise the programme fee and revised fee shall be payable by you as per schedule of payment notified by the university. The programme fee should be paid only by means of Debit Card/Credit Card through online mode only.
What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU Master in Economics (MECP-001) Final Year Project?
The student needs to set up the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Center itself. The Program responsible for the Study Center will inspect the recommendations and offer endorsement to it. Any place modification is required, these will be conveyed on to the student and in like manner, the student will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal ought to be submitted in A4 size paper type in double space alongside a constant letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the Performa for approval (Appendix III). The student is advised to hold a copy with respect to the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers won’t be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Communication of Approval
Communication identifying with the Approval/Non-endorsement of the project will be sent to you inside about a month directly after the receipt of the Project proposal by the Regional Center concerned.
Some significant points for IGNOU Master in Economics (MECP-001) Final Year Project:
- Make two copies of the Project synopsis. Send one copy and keep one copy.
- On the envelope, write appropriately Course Coordinator, MECP-101 Course, M.A. Economics Programme, Block ‘F’, School of Social Sciences, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068, India.
- Include the below referenced documents while submitting the project
- Performa for the approval of the project (signed by both student and supervisor)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae of the Supervisor
- Synopsis of the Project Report
- Objective of the Study
- Mention of the methodologies to be used in carrying out the study
- Mention of limitations as well if any and the trend of the Future Research